BIPOC high school students, high school graduates and college/university students interested in working in journalism can apply for a paid placement with leading Canadian newsrooms such as The Canadian Press, IndigiNews, The Local, The Tyee, and Xtra to gain valuable work experience.
● BIPOC high school students can apply for a 12-week journalism summer co-op.
● BIPOC high school graduates and college/university students can apply for a 20-week newsroom internship.
● Applications will be evaluated by JHR staff and participating newsrooms.
● Start dates are flexible and run from June to September.
● Priority will be given to applicants residing in Ontario and British Columbia.
Applications are now closed. We thank all applicants for their interest. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in the coming weeks.