BIPOC high school students, high school graduates and college/university students interested in working in journalism can apply for a paid placement with leading Canadian newsrooms such as The Canadian Press, IndigiNews, The Local, The Tyee, and Xtra to gain valuable work experience.
● BIPOC high school students can apply for a 12-week journalism summer co-op.
● BIPOC high school graduates and college/university students can apply for a 20-week newsroom internship.
● Applications will be evaluated by JHR staff and participating newsrooms.
● Start dates are flexible and run from June to September.
● Priority will be given to applicants residing in Ontario and British Columbia.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Applications are now closed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.